Examples of MedWaves at Work
The MedWaves AveCure generator and probes have been used in a variety of applications.
Primary Lung Tumor Treatment
83-year old female with primary lung tumor, temperature-mode ablation at 110°C and 11 minutes. Below, from left to right:
- Pre ablation image showing tumor and satellites nearby.
- During ablation image shows ground-glass effect of microwave coagulation in and around the tumor.
- Post ablation images at one month follow-up showing scar tissue with no tumor enhancements.
Lung Carcinoid Tumor Treatment
79-year old female with lung carcinoid, power-mode ablation at 28 watts, 100°C – 100°C and 12 minutes. Below, from left to right:
- Pre-ablation image showing tumor next to aorta growing front to back and top to bottom.
- Pre-ablation image shows one of placements of antenna.
- Post-ablation image showing ground-glass effect of microwave coagulation in and around the tumor.
Liver Tumor Treatment
70-year old male with two colorectal metastasis in the liver, temperature-mode ablation at 110°C. Below, from left to right:
- Pre-ablation image showing tumor next to the hepatic veins.
- Post-ablation image showing ablation zone between the veins.
- Post-one-month-ablation image showing with shrinkage and no enhancements.
- Pre-ablation image shows smaller tumor more peripherally. Post ablation images showing ellipsoidal zone from 5 minute energy applications
Bone Tumor, Osteoid Osteoma Treatment
13 year old male, right hip Osteoid Osteoma, in pain for several months with a sclerotic rim ablated using minifield antenna, power-mode, 16 watts, 80°C and one minute. Below, from left to right:
- Pre-ablation MRI T1W and T2W images showing the tumor in right femoral head.
- Pre-ablation image shows mini field antenna in position for treatment.
- Pre- and post-ablation dynamic MRI images show complete revascularization of tumor and ablated zone.
Complete pain relief the day after ablation.